- Build your own Lego NASA Curiosity Rover!
- Cthulhu Wedding Cake
- Deadpool Cupcakes
- These new parents have created an adorable/creepy Dharma Initiative-themed nursery for their new born. Of course, every parent imagines their child trapped on a deadly island, but it takes great parents to actually act on the impulse. Let’s pray they don’t have twins, lest one of them get thrown into a cave.
- This woman proposed with a custom Magic: The Gathering “Rings Of Brightearth” card, the bottom of which read “Will you Marry Me?”
- 10 Comic Book Characters Who Are Cooler Than Batman (and need movies).
- “From Kane to Nolan: Seventy Years of Bat Evolution” by Redditor gonzoblair
- Interview: Brenda Chapman on Writing Brave
- Interview: Jeremy Renner on his issues with The Avengers
- News: ‘The Avengers’ tagline stirs up controversy in Japan.
- 10 classic mistakes in sci-fi movies
- Details From The Robocop Remake Script May Deflate Your Excitement
- Hollywood heroines: Here to stay?
- This list of the 10 Worst Comic Book Movies Of All Time is sort of like shooting fish in a barrel, but hey, it’s worth re-hashing now and then.
- TotalFilm picks the 50 Bravest Movie Heroines
- Will AMC Attempt A “The Walking Dead” Feature Film?!
- A great website called WTF NASA explains all the great things NASA has done to make your life better. Make sure to browse before complaining about the NASA budget.
- Interview: Adam Christopher chats about his new book, Seven Wonders, due out from Angry Robot Books on September 6th, 2012.
- Interview: Genre Legend Diane Duane Talks Scooby-Doo, Star Trek, and Beating Harry Potter to the Punch
- Interview: SFx speaks with Neal Asher of Zero Point
- Interview: Steven Erikson of Forge of Darkness talks with Tor.com
- Interview: Stina Leicht talks about her first book, Of Blood and Honey.
- Interview: Watch Kat Rishardson read from her new book Seawitch.
- News: Generation Y Beating Baby Boomers in Book Sales
- News: io9 is reporting that author Harry Harrison has passed away, according to the author’s official website. Memorials are already accumulating at the Harry Harrison News Blog.
- News: Psychologists Discover That People Subconsciously Take On Attributes Of Their Favorite Fictional Characters
- News: The U.S. Navy is currently in the process of “working to put e-library systems on ships, allowing sailors to choose from thousands of digital books to read while at sea.” Which raises the question of why we still don’t have e-libraries in our schools.
- Doubling Down on DRM: Hachette U.K. dabbles in extraterritoriality
- Ever since something was invented to replace it, people have been predicting the end of the book: The Death Of The Book Through The Ages
- Forbes counts down The World’s Top-Earning Authors.
- How mathematicians figured out that L. Frank Baum didn’t write the 15th Oz book
- How To Save Bookstores: 28 Ideas From Existing Locations
- Looking for something to read on Project Gutenberg? Here’s a chart that may help.
- Will Apple devices will soon project holograms? Sounds ridiculous, right? Well … maybe not. According to Kunz, who runs a media planning and Internet strategy firm, “In November 2010, Apple patented a three-dimensional display system that would ‘mimic a hologram’ without requiring special glasses.”
- Interview: Doctor Who star Matt Smith on the next season: ‘The Daleks are back’
- News: Matt Smith’s Doctor Is In for the Foreseeable Future
- How Star Trek Liberated Television
- Clarion 2012: Every Brilliant Piece of Writing Advice*
- Trudi Canavan’s Recipe for a Delicious Sequel