- Dalek Cake
- Dead Space 3 Isaac Clarke Cosplay
- Love comics? Wear a lot of French cuffs? Comic Salvage sells vintage comic cufflinks.
- The making of a SoulCaliber Mural
- Neil Gaiman wrote this beautiful poem for a fan to tattoo on his back. Comic book artist David Mack designed the image itself.
- Star Wars Invasion is a series of photo manipulations by Sig Vicious
- Interview: MTV Geek have a great series of Avengers Vs. X-Men videos called the “War Journals.” In this video, they talk to writers Jason Aaron, Matt Fraction and Brian Michael Bendis about writing comic books.
- Whatever happened to kid sidekicks?
- The upcoming Worldwide Short Film Fest in Toronto has taken a few of the web’s most viral videos and re-imagined them: Leeroy Jenkins, David After Dentist and Charlie Bit My Finger have all been updated for the big screen.
- Interview: FF interviews Connie Willis as part of the Nebula Weekend.
- Interview: Ian Tregillis discussed his debut novel of Nazi super soldiers vs British warlocks, Bitter Seeds, with SFX.
- Interview: Furious Fiction interviews Jeff VanderMeer, editor of The Weird.
- Interview: John Scalzi talks about his latest novel, Redshirts
- Interview: Peter Orullian talks about his début The Unremembered>.
- Interview: Railsea author China Miéville talks about genre and cliché.
- Interview: SF Signal chats with Nebula Nominee Nancy Fulda of “Movement.”
- News: Parents Prefer Reading Print Books With Their Children, Survey Says
- Author Joe Konrath has written a fantastic letter to the Justice Department to say The Authors Guild Doesn’t Speak For Him & Amazon Is The Only Company Encouraging Competition: “I’m writing to tell you that these organizations did not solicit the views of their members, that they in no way speak on behalf of all or even most of their members, and that (as I imagine is obvious) they are motivated not by what’s best for consumers, but by what they see as best for themselves.”
- 6 Eerily Specific Inventions Predicted in Science Fiction
- Sci-fi no longer, NREL engineers smart homes
- Firewall&Iceberg Podcast begin their summer-long rewatch of Buffy season one.
- “First of all, we almost had no battle at all. For budgetary reasons we came very, very close to having all the action take place off-screen, the way plays have handled battle scenes for a few thousand years.” – How the epic battle at the heart of the latest episode of Game of Thrones, Blackwater, written by George R. R. Martin and directed by Neil Marshall, came to be.
- The future of TV as seen in Super Hi-Vision
- Mentor relationships in Game of Thrones (and Mad Men)
- Which Feature Filmmakers Are Diving Into the World of TV This Fall Season?
- The 18 rules I learned in my 1st year as a full time writer
- 25 things to know about writing the first chapter of your novel.