- Interview: Entertainment Weekly interviews Joss Whedon about Buffy season 9.
- Interview: Scott Allie on Making “Buffy” Bold.
- How Marvel Comics defrauded Jack Kirby out of millions
- Interview: Daniel Radcliffe: Harry Potter Oscars snub was “snobbery”
- 10 Truly Terrifying Horror Movie Jump Scares
- Boycott the Avengers? A Slate writer discusses why Marvel’s troubled history with artists has led him to boycott the upcoming project, despite his love for Joss
- Every now and then a trailer comes along that makes u remember why we love zombie movies. Osombie is a movie about the re-animated corpse of Osama Bin Laden and the mission wherein a group of military operatives go to kill him, again. Check it out after the break and get ready for what will be an amazing ride.
- If 2012′s Oscar-nominated movie posters told the truth
- Is The Shining really about the gold standard? Using unpublished info from the Stanley Kubrick Archives as a key source, Kubrick’s Gold Story [part 1 of 4] is a film analysis that uncovers economic themes encoded in The Shining with regard to gold vs fiat monetary systems. Written,
narrated and edited by Rob Ager
- The Most Influential Sci-Fi Films
- Interview: Alan Lightman, author of Mr g, answers a few questions for Suvudu.
- Interview: Elizabeth Hand talks about her crime novel, Available Dark.
- Interview: J. Kelley Anderson of Casting Shadows on making room for genre fiction in the western literary canon.
- Interview: Michael Sullivan plugs Theft of Swords on The Skiffy and Fanty Show
- Interview: Peter Orullian talks to Robin Hobb about her novel City of Dragons
- Interview: Why William Gibson Distrusts Aging Futurists’ Nostalgia
- Fear and Loathing in e-Land by Ursula K. Le Guin
- What is the Right Price for an E-Book?
- EU is considering using drones to police Farms
- From the “life imitates Fallout” files comes MIT’s photonic crystals that could lead to “nuclear reactors” in every gadget.
- How do robots see the world? This is an experiment in found machine-vision footage, exploring the aesthetics of the robot eye.
- Interview: Nichelle Nichols talks about breaking barriers in television. A black woman as a starship officer was outrageous enough in 1966, but when she kissed Kirk, she made history.
- News: Fox’s ‘House’ will end this season. [More]
- Infographic: 45 Years of Star Trek
- Here’s a handy list of medieval occupations, though I can’t see George R.R. Martin ever typing the word “eggler.”