- The 11 Faces Of Doctor Who
- Angry Birds posters.
- Balrog Pumpkin
- Bloopsie recently released a batch of minimalist posters depicting Marvel’s most popular characters.
- This real life Yuri Garagin Statue looks like something out of a science fiction movie.
- Interview: Interview with Cully Hamner, Co-Creator of RED
- News: Stan Lee will receive a Producers Guild award, despite the lawsuits and the controversies and the Jack Kirby thing…
- An Open Letter to the Guy Waiting in the Corner of This Comic Book Shop.
- Catwoman Then and Now: How Different Is She Really? How much of Catwoman’s personality has changed since DC’s revamp, and is it for the better?
- Marvel.com has released its first ‘This Week in Marvel‘ Podcast, hosted by Ryan Penagos and Ben Morse.
- Six Ways Spider-Island Has Changed THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
- Interview: Actor Luke Evans on Tarsem’s ‘Immortals’ & ‘Hobbit’
- Interview: Hayao Miyazaki’s hand-crafted fables have made him Japan’s most successful film-maker. In a rare interview, he talks to The Guardian.
- Interview: Mickey Rourke Really Doesn’t Like ‘Iron Man 2′; Calls Marvel Movies ‘Mindless.’ Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
- Interview: Quentin Tarantino Talks About Being a Self-Taught Filmmaker
- Interview: Yay, Geometry: An Interview With Joss Whedon [Via]
- 8 Horror Movies That Inspired Real-Life Crimes
- The 10 Best Cast Reunions of All Time
- 50 Best Book To Movie Adaptations, as chosen by TotalFilm.
- Avengers Enlists Real Soldiers
- How “V for Vendetta” Inspired the “Occupy” Movement
- The First Powerful Oscar Campaign Video for ‘Harry Potter’ has been released.
- Set Photos From The Dark Knight Rises! Is this the Bat-Copter?
- Why Ian McKellen initially turned down Gandalf role
- Interview: Bloomberg interviews Margaret Atwood
- Interview: Fantasy Magazine interviews Charlaine Harris.
- Interview: Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy interviews Lev Grossman, author of the recently released The Magician King.
- Interview: Nicole Murphy interviews Angela Slatter of The Girl with No Hands.
- Interview: Suvudu talks to Christopher Paolini about Inheritance, his fourth book.
- Kindle Lending Library is now live. The good news is there are lots of titles and no due dates. The bad news is that there is a one-per-month limit. Oh, and you have to be an Amazon Prime! member. Not everyone is thrilled.
- City lights may aid in search for extraterrestrial life
- Parting shots from the asteroid
- Russia’s first interplanetary mission in 15 years launched sucessfully from the Baikonur Cosmodrome. It ran into serious problems almost immediately. In jeopardy are a sample return mission from the Martian satellite Phobos, The Planetary Society’s Living Interplanetary Flight Experiment (LIFE), and China’s Yinghuo-1 Mars orbiter.
- We’re All Living In A Sci-Fi Movie
- You could call it “computer-controlled cyborg yeast,” but in reality, scientists have figured out an aspect of cell signaling in the yeast species Saccharomyces cerevisiae, allowing computer-controlled lights to initiate protein creation feedback loops (abstract).
- Kindle Cloud Reader comes to Firefox as an HTML5 app. It’s both good placement and an end-run around Apple.
- News: Brian K. Vaughan To Adapt Stephen King’s ‘Under The Dome’ for TV
- “The Verse In Numbers” is a definite must-read for any Firefly fan. It’s a fantastic effort to explain the ‘Verse.
- The young are less interested in for-pay TV… The Low-Down: Children of the Cord: They Are the Future – and They Are Not Paying for TV!
- Game Of Thrones to become a ton of games
- World of Warcraft lost 800,000 subscribers over last quarter. Start the deathwatch.
- 25 Things you Should Know about Suspense and Tension in Storytelling
- Christopher Paolini: Moments That Shaped Me Into A Bestseller
- Free MP3! The “NaNoWriMo” Song for writers everywhere.
- Industry struggling with digital skills lag