- The 10 Best Star Wars Posters
- Altered Carbon inspired by Masamune Shirow and the book ‘Altered Carbon’ by Richard K Morgan
- Awesome Retro-Modern Superhero Posters
- Creeptastic Creatures Sculptures
- Evolution of Type Sculpture
- Make your own Wolverine Claws
- News: Dark Horse Puts Manga Online
- 8 great (new) female positive ongoing comic books you should be reading.
- The Greatest Mike Mignola Stories Ever Told!
- Interview: Joss Whedon talks about ‘Much Ado About Nothing’
- Interview: Talking to First-Time Director Todd Strauss-Schulson About A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas
- “I’ve never been so sold on a movie synopsis…” I hope to God that this is a real movie, because it sort of sounds like it would rock.
- Ridley Scott Spills the Secrets of Prometheus
- How would Cormac McCarthy review products and services for Yelp? Yelping with Cormac, a Tumblr blog, rises to the challenge and shows us how. The Apple Store review is a good place to start.
- Interview: Alastair Reynolds stops by Coode Street to talk about his latest novel, Blue Remembered Earth
- Interview: Christopher Paolini visited the 2011 San Diego Comic Con to talk about his novels, what it’s like to finish a series, and what fans will have in store in the future! Inheritance, the last book in the Inheritance Cycle, hits shelves tomorrow.
- Interview: Irish writer Eoin Colfer plugs his new book, Plugged.
- Interview: Kim Stanley Robinson discusses his new novel, 2312
- Interview: Lev Grossman is King of the Magicians on the latest episode of The Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy
- Interview: The SF Signal Podcast Panel Discussion of Time Travel
- Interview: Sci-Fi Fan talks to Aliette de Bodard of Master of the House of Darts.
- Amazon’s new Kindle lending program causes publishing stir
- Bookshops gear up for the great ‘Inheritance’ rush
- Fantasy Faction considers Fantasy as Mythology
- Google+ isn’t filled with just Google workers and tech-obsessed nerds. Many creative people are part of the community, and they’re using Google+ to connect with their fans. Here’s a list of The Top 32 Authors to Follow on Google+.
- Sci-fi/fantasy new frontier for publishers: Mainstream publishers can “no longer afford to ignore” science-fiction and fantasy projects.
- Top 25 Fantasy Books: From Harry Potter to Lord of the Rings, IGN presents the best fantasy novels ever written.
- The Top Religions of Science Fiction and Fantasy, beginning with The Catholic Church in Fritz Leiber’s Gather Darkness.
- Why Steampunk’s Time Has Come
- Visiting Deep Space…in Queens This incredible room at the Hall of Science in Queens was originally built for the 1964 World’s Fair to give visitors the feeling of being in deep space. Really beautiful, unearthly design.
- You asked, The White House answered: “The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race.”
- News: B&N launching Nook Tablet for $249 on November 16th
- The 5 Most Mind-Blowingly Huge Machines Built By Science
- 11 Things You Need To Know About The New Nook Tablet
- AI scientists want to make gods. Should that worry us? Nah! It turned out all right in all those Asimov novels, didn’t it?
- Multiple missteps led to drone killing U.S. troops in Afghanistan: The Pentagon investigation into the friendly fire deaths of U.S. Marines in Afghanistan, looked into the first U.S. casualties caused by a drone attack.
- Gamers create scientific ‘recipes’
- Online viewers turning to game consoles, study finds
- Where Failed Consoles Went Wrong
- The Fastest Writers Ever Give You Advice for NaNoWriMo
- You Had Me at Chapter One: Different Ways to Hook Your Reader