- Amazing Lego Chalk Art
- Andy Kehoe is an artist whose work is a cross between Don Kenn and Hayao Miyazaki.
- Hoxton Street Monster Supplies now has a webstore!
- The latest installation at the Sumarria Lunn gallery in London looks like a scene out of Spider-Man
- News: DragonAge to Become Comic Series
- News: Kieron Gillen Chooses the Nuclear Option for the ‘Uncanny X-Men’
- News: Marvel Comics Titles to Go Same Day Digital by March 2012
- News: Sailor Moon Was Top-Selling Graphic Novel in October
- Are Female Comic Fans As Rare as Unicorns? How one comic store dealt with the legend that women don’t read comic books by throwing a “unicorn party,” a gathering of female comic fans.
- This article on the “Speed Dating” sessions at the recent New York Comic Con by Latoya Peterson paints an interesting picture of the social dynamics of Nerd World, especially with the growing participation of women due to the influx of anime and Vampire influences.
- Sci-Fi’s 10 Geekiest Films and Shows
- Interview: Bleeding Cool interviews Guillermo Del Toro.
- Interview: Guillermo Del Toro says games are “the future of storytelling”
- Interview: Universal studio president: “We make a lot of shitty movies” [More]
- News: Game of Thrones Director Brian Kirk to Helm Guillermo del Toro-Produced Thriller ‘Midnight Delivery’
- News: J.J. Abrams Wants Benicio Del Toro To Be Next ‘Star Trek’ Villain
- News: Popular zombie manga Rain For the Dead is headed to the big screen. It’s actually a cool premise. In a world overrun with the dead, the only safe time to be outside is during a rainstorm, when your human scent is masked to those that would prefer to eat you.
- The 10 Most Quotable Movies of All Time
- 13 Horror Movies and the ‘True Stories’ They’re Based On.
- 5 Horror Films That Were a Nightmare For the Actors
- Composer Hans Zimmer invites you to take part in the Dark Knight Rises
- The Discovery Channel counts down the Top 10 Sci-Fi Films.
- There are two “Independence Day” sequels in the works.
- Thirteen movie poster trends and…what they say about their movies. Included are the “Sexy Back”, the “Text In Your Face”, and the “Legs Wide Spread.”
- TotalFilm counts down the 22 Greatest Movie Explosions.
- Want a role in the new Joss Whedon movie? How much are you willing to pay for it? The director is auctioning a walk-on role in his new film In Your Eyes, to benefit the Adrienne Shelly Foundation.
- Why Money Matters in Making Science Fiction Films
- The architecture of villains: The initial focus of this blog will start off by analyzing real cold war architectural responses, built and un-built utopian schemes and the hypothetical lairs of the James Bond Villain’s.
- Cory Doctorow: It’s Time to Stop Talking About Copyright
- Zombie-proof your car
- Interview: Faster Times interviews Aliette de Bodard of the Servant of the Underworld series.
- Interview: Filipino Bibliophile talks to Karen Lord of Redemption in Indigo.
- Interview: Kat Richardson talks about the Greywalker urban fantasy series over at Grasping for the Wind.
- Interview: Religion and Science Fiction: an interview with James McGrath
- 10 Debut Science Fiction and Fantasy Novels That Took the World by Storm
- A look at the Kindle lending library
- Watch the The Founders of Steampunk, including K.W. Jeter, Tim Powers, James Blaylock, and John Berlyne, discuss the genre.
- Infographic: Inside China’s Space Rendezvous Success (More)
- It’s not ‘Star Trek,’ but NASA wants a ‘tractor beam’ … NASA examines ‘tractor beams’ for sample gathering
- One weird theory could make anti-gravity and faster-than-light travel possible
- Real-Life Inception: Army Looks to “Counteract Nightmares” With Digital Dreams
- Should We Build a Starship to Explore the Universe?
- A surprising look at ingredients of galaxies
- News: The Nook tablet is set to take on the Kindle
- 3D-printed spider robot skitters where humans can’t
- Best Buy swipes Nook Color price down to $200
- Real-Life Holodecks? Augmented Reality Room Is the Closest Thing Yet.
- US Air Force keeps ‘micro-aviary’ of tiny, bird-like ‘bots
- Interview: American Horror Story Interview: “People Want To Be Scared”
- Interview: Robert Kirkman talking about The Walking Dead on The View with MTV
- News: ‘Once Upon a Time’ gets a full season order.
- The 10 Best Episodes of ‘Batman: The Animated Series’
- From Human To Corpse: Walking Dead Make-Up. It takes hours to become a zombie, and then they have to wear that stuff all day!
- I’m Trying to Resonate Concrete: The Greatest, Smallest Moments of Doctor Who
- The Real Revenge of the Nerds: A look at how the public image of geeks in the media has changed, from the cringeworthy Urkel to Chuck and Big Bang Theory.
- Science Fiction / Double Feature as performed by Amanda Palmer, Moby, Stephin Merritt, and Neil Gaiman, on the The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.
- The top 5 mysteries of “American Horror Story.” In a new series already packed to the max with confounding conundrums, these are the top tricks in need of treats sooner rather than later.
- Gearbox to honor late fan as an NPC in Borderlands 2
- LOST References In Video Games
- Why Science Fiction Writers are Like Porn Stars