- 10 Cheap and Geeky Halloween Costumes
- The Entire Justice League Redesigned by ‘Dresden Codak’ Creator Aaron Diaz
- Star Wars on Vacation
- The true moral of Super Mario Bros.
- Uber-creepy Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) cosplay, just in time for Halloween season.
- Interview: IGN talks to all the creative teams for DC’s relaunched universe.
- Interview: The New 52 Creators On Pleasing New & Current Fans Alike
- Can Comics Be Everyday?
- ScienceFiction.com names the Top 10 Comic Book Villains.
- Superhero metaphysics
- Introverts and Conventions
- io9 remembers the Greatest Random Out-of-Nowhere Deaths in SciFi and Fantasy
- Leonard Nimoy made his final appearance at a Star Trek convention in Chicago this past weekend. Speaking for nearly an hour, Nimoy reminisced about his career and his involvement in the convention scene for many years. He thanked the fans for helping keep Star Trek alive during the “dark years” after its 1969 cancellation until its return a decade later with the first motion picture.
- What’s the difference between Fight Club the Book and Fight Club the Movie? In case you haven’t read the book yet.
- Interview: Mary Elizabeth Winstead explains why her character is like Ripley!
- News: Robert Downey Jr. & Warner Bros.Team Up For ‘Perry Mason’ Reboot
- CGI Visual FX: Great Leaps Forward
- First Look At Russell Crowe as ‘Jor-El’ on the Set of ‘Man of Steel’
- How Superhero Movies Can Escape the ‘Too Many Villains’ Problem
- Infographic: The Many Timelines of Shane Carruth’s Brilliant ‘Primer’
- Six Reasons It Sucks to Be a Jedi
- VS is being described as “Kick-Ass meets Saw,” it looks like a bad student film.
- The Harry Potter Studio Tour – First Look!
- October 8 is World Zombie Day so make sure to see if there’s any good zombie happenings in your hometown.
- Interview: 14 Questions for S.M. Stirling
- Interview: Fantasy Magazine talks to Altered Carbon author Richard K. Morgan
- Interview: George R. R. Martin talks with Peter Orullian
- Interview: Suvudu talks to The Sacred Band author David Anthony Durham
- Interview: William Gibson on Digital Panopticons in the 21st Century
- News: California’s Reader Privacy Act Signed into Law
- Edward Lazellari claims Daniel Hauer, the MacGuffin in the ensemble cast in Awakenings, is the “anti-Harry Potter.
- The Future Of Books: A Dystopian Timeline
- Jason Sanford on the Political Battlefield of Military Science Fiction
- Librarians fear over digital stalemate
- 5 Sci-Fi Ad Techniques That Are About to Make Life Creepier
- In 1987 Apple predicted a complex language voice assistant
built into something called the Apple Knowledge Navigator, a tablet computer. With today’s announcement of the refined (and integrated) version of Siri, it appears they were less than a month off.
- Monkeys can feel virtual objects using a brain implant. Is this the first step to a Matrix-like virtual reality?
- Ready for the robot revolution?
- Interview: 20 questions with William Shatner, who claims to like “Star Wars” better than “Star Trek.” (Personally, I say let the franchise have him.)
- Interview: ‘Terra Nova’ Showrunner Rene Echevarria Promises Results
- 8 more ’90s sci-fi films that oughta get their own TV spinoffs
- 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Star Trek: The Next Generation
- I figured they’d release them slowly, but all of the new The Walking Dead webisodes are online and available to view. While you’re at it, check out these photos from episode one of the new season as well.
- Interview: Michio Kaku on writing science books
- Secrets of the first page: advice from Kay Kenyon
- Sympathy for the Devil: How to Write Killer Villains
- Tor.com on the Challenges of Writing Alternate History Set in Other Cultures