- 8-Bit Big Bang Theory
- Bioshock Sushi
- Playhouse is a whimsical Sculpture of a mushroom cloud treehouse.
- The Venator Class Star Destroyer recreated in Legos is composed of 43,000 parts, weighs 82 kg, and is a whopping 2.44m long
- The Frontline of the Fall Comic Wars: A comic shop owner’s viewpoint of the Great DC Reboot – he said it’s resulted in a lot of “churn,” with comics newbies considering the fresh origins a great jumping-on point – but also, longtime DC loyalists swearing off the line out of anger.
- News: ‘Ghostbusters’ to Get Theatrical Rerelease
- News: J.J. Abrams Beams Up To ‘Star Trek 2′ Director’s Chair
- The 5 Best Star Wars That Aren’t Star Wars
- EatSleepLiveFilm picks the 10 Scariest scenes in horror.
- Ellen Ripley Is Clearly the Best Female Character in Sci-fi Film
- First Look: Johnny Depp as a Vampire In Dark Shadows
- Movie Organization Manifesto (Part 2)
- 50 Most Social Media Savvy Professors in America
- Margaret Gould Stewart: How YouTube thinks about copyright
- Interview: The Center for Fiction briefly interviews Margaret Atwood, who has just released a collection of essays and lectures, In Other Worlds.
- Interview: Chris Foss talks about his influences.
- Interview: Daniel Abraham talks Leviathan Wakes
- Interview: Michael Swanwick talks about his latest book, Dancing With Bears.
- Interview: Oberon’s Law talks to fantasy legend Peter S. Beagle
- Interview: SpeculatesSF catches up to Patrick Rothfuss at Worldcon.
- Interview: “There Are No Characters In A Fairy Tale” – Neil Gaiman Talks With Audrey Niffenegger about the art of storytelling.
- News: Rare Harlan Ellison scripts to be published
- 15 Novels You Should Read Before the Film Adaptation Comes Out
- In Defense of Geekery: Why Society Needs SF/F
- New and Notable Books for Teens for September
- Those stories about Ikea abandoning bookcases because people don’t buy books anymore were nonsense: “As it turns out, not only had the 15 inch bookcase been in development for a period of eighteen months to two years. Ebooks didn’t factor at all into the decision.”
- Various authors on Character Stakes in Post-Scarcity Novels
- What Are Your Favorite SF/Fantasy Story or Novel Beginnings?
- How “Futurama” gets science right (sort of)
- Slate on Transhumanism: Do we really want extreme human enhancement?
- BBC News asks Could a robot be conscious?
- News: Fox Developing Show Based on DC’s Supernatural Noir ‘The Spectre’
- News: Nathan Fillion voted Favorite Actor in Tubey Awards.
- The 10 worst new shows of 2011: Free Agents, Ringer, and Grimm.
- Inkpunks on Playing With Structure.
- What authors can learn from the bestseller lists
- Twenty-Sided Troubadours: Why Writers Should Play Roleplaying Games