- Yesterday, hundreds of comics around the country commemorated the 9/11 Attack with tribute comics. Many of them were incredibly moving.
- News: Vampire arrested in Florida for trying to eat old guy at Hooters. Seriously.
- Interview: 10 Questions for Matt Damon
- News: Bucky Larson Achieves Monumental 0% Rotten Tomatoes Rating. Amusing, but utterly unsurprising.
- News: Pirate Party Launches ‘Facebook’ For Movies
- News: ‘Austin Powers’ henchman gets life in prison in torture case.
- The 25 Most Expensive Bad SciFi Films Ever
- 52 Reasons Why Star Wars Might Just Be The Greatest Film of All Time
- The best comic book movies Hollywood never made.
- Overlooked And Underrated – Unsettling Science Fiction
- The Top ten space opera films
- Interview: Maurissa Tancharoen Whedon talks about ‘The Guild’, ‘Mortal Kombat’, and her new music project with her husband Jed.
- Interview: Ellen Datlow plugs Blood and Other Cravings
- Interview: Kgogomodumo interviews Nnedi Okorafor.
- Interview: Odyssey Workshop interviews Justin Gustainis, author of Hard Spell.
- Interview: Sci-Fi Fan Letter talks to Guy Haley about Reality 36.
- Interview: TeleRead interviews self-publishing author Michael Stackpole.
- News: Adult Paperback Revenues Down Nearly 64%.
- News: Ebook sales up, print sales down.
- 10 Badass Women from Fantasy Literature
- The Best Science Fiction Books according to Reddit
- Clay and Susan Griffith’s Vampire Empire Is Transforming Genre Fiction
- eBook Pricing and The Shape of Things to Come
- Will Amazon Create a Netflix for Books?
- Five Science Fiction Technology Predictions That Came True
- Haier’s mind control TV prototype hits IFA
- Lapham’s Quarterly has a great piece on the history of robots.
- Straight out of Gibson: Botnets descend from the skies. “The next time you visit a city park, you might want to be wary of the hipsters in charge of cool-looking remote-controlled helicopters. They could be botmasters aiming to wage a cyber attack via the smartphone in your pants.” Yes, in your pants, and that’s not a euphemism.
- News: Terra Nova: Sci-Fi Sultans Bring Dinosaurs to the Small Screen
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Then and Now
- Life Lessons Star Trek Taught Us
- Thoughts on the really excellent Doctor Who episode that aired this weekend, “The Girl Who Waited.” It might have been the most poignant episode yet.
- News: DFC Predicts Worldwide Game Industry Sales by 2016 to Reach $81 Billion
- 50 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time!
- HBO’s megahit is about to have a PC game counterpart, but it’s no quick cash-in: French company Cyanide has been working on a game based on the Song of Ice and Fire novels – for the past two years.
- Digital is good for the retail industry