- Fireworks from the firework’s point of view.
- Harry Potter Travel Posters
- Minimalist Doctor Who Canvas Poster
- Shuttle launch, as captured by skydivers.
- Time-lapse photography and tiny robots combine in beautiful ways in Roomba Art
- Watch the Nostromo from Alien get rebuilt after decades of neglect
- Yoshi Birthday Cake
- Interview: Rewind: How Penny Arcade is building its business — and how it isn’t
- Interview: Grant Morrison talks DC reboot, Batman, and Robin and Batman
- Interview: Jim Lee and Geoff Johns look for DC’s heroic future
- 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Captain America
- Dollhouse: Who are the Butchers? Dark Horse continues the teasers for the upcoming Epitaphs mini-series.
- Marvel Superheroes and the Fathers of Invention
- Interview: Daniel Radcliffe Talks Quitting Alcohol, Beating ‘Child Star’ Label
- Interview: Elijah Wood believes ‘The Hobbit’ movies “goes outside the boundaries” of the original J.R.R. Tolkien novel… is this good news or bad?
- Interview: Emma Watson Gushes About Her Harry Potter Co-Star Crush
- Interview: ‘Harry Potter’ production designer on destroying Hogwarts.
- Interview: ‘Man Who Fell to Earth’ director Nicolas Roeg on science fiction without all of the ‘buzzes, beeps and bullets’
- Interview: Simon Pegg, star of Shaun of the Dead and Star Trek, joins io9 to discuss his new memoir, his upcoming films, and the interpersonal dynamics of killing your zombie stepdad.
- The 20 Most Pro-American Movies Of The Last 10 Years
- 99 American Movie Locations: A July 4th tour of the United States
- 3-D in the movies: Getting in too deep. Though ‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’ and ‘Avatar’ show the technique’s fabulous side, increasingly its use is a commercial rather than a creative choice.
- Are Female Music Geeks a Trend in the Movies? Exploring an emerging trend.
- Batman’s Dark Knight Rises parachutes into Cairngorms
- Conan The Barbarian: Lots Of New Pics
- Every Michael Bay movie in under a minute.
- First Look: Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows
- James Cromwell film will debut on BitTorrent. Download it here.
- Tom Felton gives us a tour of Hogwarts props
- Top 11 Things to Watch for a Geeky Independence Day
- True Stories of Animal Actors in Science Fiction and Fantasy Movies
- Interview: Crave interviews Robopocalypse author Daniel Wilson.
- Interview: Simon Pegg discusses his new book, Nerd Do Well.
- News: Angry Robot rolls out all-you-can-read annual ebook subscription
- The Future of Books, as predicted by McSweeney’s.
- George R.R. Martin’s UK publisher begs fans not to spoil A Dance With Dragons after mixup ships books early. Personally, I’m just avoiding fans site just to be on the safe side.
- Weird Things Customers Say In Bookshops.
- In After Earth Ben Austen looks at “Why, Where, How, and When We Might Leave Our Home Planet” while Jared Daniel asks, if given a chance to found the first human colony on Mars, would you go? Maybe we could turn it into a home away from home or perhaps we should terraform Earth first.
- T-shirt charges your phone by absorbing ambient sound
- Norvig vs. Chomsky and the Fight for the Future of AI: Recently, Peter Norvig, Google’s Director of Research and co-author of the most popular artificial intelligence textbook in the world, wrote a webpage extensively criticizing Noam Chomsky. Their disagreement points to a revolution in artificial intelligence that, like many revolutions, threatens to destroy as much as it improves.
- Slate thinks We need to move from robot-apocalypse jokes to serious discussions about the emerging technology.
- Will ‘Bionic Bodies’ Offer High-Tech Hope to the Disabled?
- News: Bones Season 7: New Villain for Emily Deschanel and Booth
- The entire Star Trek TNG is now on Netflix Instantwatch
- 7 Platforms Changing the Future of Publishing
- Google’s new authorship markup connects content to authors across the web.