- DIY Magnetic Silly Putty Is Black Magic
- Golum as the Green Lantern in “Ring Bearer” by Adam Koford aka Ape Lad
- Thai Sculptor Anchalee Saengtai poses with one of her massive Transformers sculptures, which she made from spare truck parts.
- “Virtual magician” Marco Tempest uses some sleight of hand and some perfectly synchronized iPod Touches to perform a pretty entertaining iPod Magic.
- Interview: Bob Harras & Eddie Berganza Discuss the DC Comics Relaunch
- Interview: DC Editors on the Relaunch: Cost, Female Costumes, and Continuity
- Interview: Grant Morrison Talks ACTION COMICS at Hero Complex Film Festival
- Interview: Making fairy tales realistic, with Fables creator Bill Willingham
- The 5 Greatest Knockoff Characters In Comics
- Left Behind by the DC Reboot: Cancelled Titles
- Marvel Is NOT Sitting Out This Year’s Comic-Con!
- Three Characteristics Every Superhero Team Book Should Have
- 9 Fictional Scifi Drugs We Wish Were Real
- Rhys Darby (Murray on Flight of the Concords) hits the big time after show goes viral due to internet sharing then does ads on how the govt will cut your internet if you share his show.
- Virtual star Hatsune Miku’s Anime Expo Concert is so big all seats can’t be sold
- Interview: An interview Jennifer Yuh Nelson, director of Kung Fu Panda 2.
- Interview: Green Lantern’s Ryan Reynolds: the movie the fans want to see.
- Interview: JJ. Abrams gives us a tour of the Super 8’s pop-culture artifacts
- Interview: J.J. Abrams Talks Star Trek Sequel!
- Interview: Super 8 Creature’s ‘Cloverfield’ Connection: J.J. Abrams Explains
- News: Ed Harris, Matthew Fox In Talks To Join Brad Pitt In World War Z
- News: James Cameron and Sam Worthington reunite for a NEW sci-fi epic
- News: Matthew Fox and Ed Harris are in talks to join Brad Pitt in the Marc Forster-directed ‘World War Z’
- 10 Movie Father Figures Better Than The Real Dads
- 10 Ways of Looking at The Dark Knight
- 18 Villains For Green Lantern 2
- The Humdrum Summer and Why It’s Okay
- What if Charlie Sheen had been cast as the Green Lantern?
- Newspaper drops website for Facebook, offers eight lessons on news publishing.
- Yesterday, the full court for the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit issued two simultaneous opinions to resolve how much control grade schools and high schools may exercise over their students’ off-campus, online speech.
- Interview: Fantasy Hotlist Q&A with The White-Luck Warrior’s R. Scott Bakker
- Interview: Fantasy Magazine spotlights The Immortality Game author Cat Rambo.
- Interview: The Horror Channel talks with Anno Dracula author Kim Newman.
- Interview: What’s The Importance of ‘The Russ Pledge’ For Science Fiction?
- News: Radio Shack is now selling the Kindle
- Day Reads: 10 Books for Quick Consumption
- Infographic: 40 Years Of Ebooks
- Multi-disciplinary artist Adriel Luis offers The Ultimate 21st Century People of Color Sci-Fi List: “For a genre known for depicting obscure creatures, new concepts of civilization, and future predictions for humanity, sci-fi sure has a hard time being about more than white people.”
- Technology, Curation And Why The Era Of Big Bookstores Is Coming To An End
- Interview: With the Steven Spielberg-produced Falling Skies hitting FX next month, Noah Wyle tells SFX about fighting the alien invasion
- News: Comcast is trying to work with Facebook and other firms for a ‘next generation TV experience’ in an attempt to compete with Netflix.
- News: Confirmed: No Full Season of Doctor Who in 2012
- News: Sean Bean Stabbed Outside London Bar, Remains Fully Awesome
- Philip Sandifer discusses an alternate origin for Doctor Who.
- The rise of the geeky girl on TV
- Why should you be watching HBO’s Game of Thrones? In two words: Peter Dinklage. At 41 and expecting his first child, actor Peter Dinklage may finally be coming into his own. Though his breakout role in the indie movie Station Agent might not have made it onto your Netflix queue, Dinklage is winning accolades for his performance as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones, the HBO series based on George R. R. Martin’s epic fantasy series, A Song of Fire and Ice.
- 25 Things you Should Know about Plot (or, ‘Building a Story Skeleton’)
- Some Assembly Required: Building Pacing and Emotional Flow with Legos