- The Comic Journal picks the Top 25 Minis of 2010
- Portal 2 Movie Poster, 80s style
- This painting of Thor versus Jaws needs to be airbrushed on a van
- Where the Wild Things Are / Star Wars Mash-Up is pitch perfect.
- Who would win, Predator or Ewoks?
- News: Frank Miller ‘Dark Knight Returns’ Page Most Valuable Comics Art Ever
- News: Marvel Relaunches “Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man”
- Another great storytelling lecture by Jim Shooter, utilizing the Fantastic Four.
- The irony over the fan firestorm behind Superman renouncing his U.S. citizenship is that many readers are arguing about it like kids and living down to the stereotype of adult comic book/superhero fans as immature when we have a story to convince critics otherwise.
- The Top 10 Thor Stories
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with 34 of sci-fi’s awesomest motherships
- io9 picks the 10 coolest bounty hunters in the galaxy.
- Interview: Bloody Digusting interviews Andre Ovredal, Director of ‘TrollHunter’
- News: ‘The Dark Tower’ Staff Put On Hiatus over Budget
- News: US DVD sales plummet 20%
- 22 Other Actors Who Have Played the Devil
- Alien Loves Predator made a map of NYC movies. Can you name all 91?
- Check out the Lovecraftian ‘Dead Shadows’ Poster
- First Dark Knight Rises set photo leaks a supervillain’s secret
- io9 remembers 10 of the most embarrassing stereotypes of science fiction.
- Iron Man writers rebooting Tomb Raider to tell us Lara’s origin
- The poster for Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark is out and just as creepy as the trailer.
- Rest in Peace? A history of Zombie cinema from The Film Pilgrim.
- The secret to Pixar’s success? “Pixar seems to have realized that if you can get the dad to come to the movie and love the movie, the whole family will come. Maybe more than once. And they’ll probably buy the DVD”
- Warners Determined to Ruin ‘Akira’, Casting Keanu Reeves?
- Are we losing our precious webcomics history? Shaenon Garrity’s webcomics column debuts at the new online Comics Journal and gives a nice sense of perspective: “Webcomics didn’t whore themselves out to telecom companies because it was the only way to drive traffic; they whored themselves out to video-game companies because webcartoonists are nerds.”
- Can you be a hot girl AND a nerd?
- Interview: Angela Slatter asks Graceling author Kristin Cashore a few questions.
- Interview: Apex Books interviews Genevieve Valentine
- Interview: China Miéville talks World-Building
- Interview: Dragon Page chats with Tee Morris and Pip Ballantine about their new collaborative novel, Phoenix Rising: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel, sort of a steampunk flavored adventure in the fashion of “The Avengers” or “The X-Files”.
- Interview: Escape Pod talks with Zoo City author Lauren Beukes.
- Interview: Mail & Guardian interviews Lauren Beukes on her recent novel Zoo City.
- Interview: Orbit Books has the rest of an interview with Paolo Bacigalupi.
- Interview: SFSignal discusses Lessons Learned From Master World-Builders.
- News: Amazon Pulls Some Yaoi Manga From US Kindle Store: Digital Manga and Yaoi Press have both reported that they have had titles removed from the store. Supposedly, they were for explicit content.
- News: Hearst, Conde Nast in iPad Subscription Race
- News: Neil Gaiman hits back at US politician’s theft accusation [More]
- Are Standalone E-Readers An Endangered Species?
- Better Book Titles: Children’s Book Edition
- Book Country has mapped out genres graphically. It’s a map designed “to browse our members’ books by genre and tone” and has subcategories for mystery, romance, thrillers, science fiction and fantasy.
- Simon & Schuster admits that ebooks save production costs and increased profits.
- Tablet Takeover Suggests Ereader’s Demise
- What’s Right and Wrong with the Hugo Awards
- Why Bogus Flap Copy Erodes Readers’ Trust
- $99 robot rolls into classrooms
- China unveils its space station, but here’s Why the U.S. can beat China in space.
- The da Vinci Robot Plays “Operation” Board Game
- News: Neil Patrick Harris to host Tonys again.
- News: Sarah Jane Adventures to end with Elisabeth Sladen’s final 6 eps
- Joss Whedon took my tropes: An urban fantasy writer on what Joss does best.
- Learn Lessons on Love From Buffy
- Secrets Behind ‘Game of Thrones’ Opening Credits: it doubles as an infodump.
- Time travelling timeline of Doctor Who tropes
- Here’s a full preview, for the PC based survival nightmare that is Dead State.
- How Buffy made it into Call of Duty: The creative lead of Call Of Duty explains the decision to include horror icons.
- Making the leap from short story to novel
- The Other Side of the Story offers advice on Raising the Tension in Your Scenes
- Writer’s block and the internet are a miserable combination.