- News: College Offers Class on Cell Phone Photography
- Circuitry Ring
- A gallery of excellent Lara Croft cosplay
- Slate interviews “History of Science Fiction” artist Ward Shelley.
- Worst Cosplay Ever
- Zombie-Hunter Velma
- Interview: Reading Comics With… Patrick Rothfuss
- Digital Comics: the future of commerce and the future of art?
- Digital Comics: Why They Can’t Be Both a Shark and a Goldfish
- The Mindless Ones vs. The Joker: Check out the first part of a three-part series examining different portrayals of The Joker, beginning with Alan Moore and Brian Bolland’s The Killing Joke. It’s a great piece.
- Should Good Always Win Over Evil?
- Interview: Clint Eastwood could have been Superman or James Bond.
- Interview: Director Greg Mottola talks about his comedy, Paul.
- News: J.K. Simmons tells ComingSoon that he’s reprising his role as J. Jonah Jameson in Ultimate Spider-Man.
- News: Kevin Costner Set For ‘Superman: Man Of Steel’
- News: Shia LaBeouf attached to Joe Hill’s Horns, damn it.
- 5 Possible Storylines For David Slade’s Daredevil
- 8 Actors Who Could Be The New Daredevil
- After the break, check out the latest trailer for Bong of the Dead.
- Crazy infographic explains the timelines in Source Code
- A First Look Behind the Scenes of Deathly Hallows Part 2 has been released.
- The Hobbit Rehearsals Now Happenening
- Is Netflix the New HBO?
- Ten New Character Portraits From Zack Snyder’s Sucker Punch Released!
- News: White House Calls For Stricter Copyright Laws, Greater Enforcement
- News: YouTube to Invest $87K Plus in New Talent
- Author Cory Doctorow wonders if hackers will create a “browser redirection service” to dodge the new New York Times paywall.
- Chatroulette Love Song
- How Social Media Is Science Fiction
- Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as C3PO and R2D2
- The Stupidest Things Said About Japan on the Internet
- There’s a new manga style zombie webcomic out called Zomblicity.
- Interview: Bradley P. Beaulieu of Winds of Khalokovo talks to Alethea Kontis.
- Interview: Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson stopped by The Signed Page.
- Interview: Fantasy Faction talks with Guy Gavriel Kay.
- Interview: Five Questions With Zombie Lit’s Alan Goldsher and Max Brallier.
- Interview: GalleyCat talks with Five YA Authors in One Interview.
- Interview: Former Rue Morgue editor Jovanka Vuckovic sat down for an interview about her latest book Zombies!
- Interview: Gail Carriger is this week’s guest on Bookotron. [Podcast]
- Interview: Jim C. Hines discusses Red Hood’s Revenge.
- Interview: LightSpeed Magazine offers an interview with Nnedi Okorafor.
- Interview: No e-books without authors, Atwood reminds us.
- Interview: Orbit Podcast talks with Jesse Bullingto of The Enterprise of Death.
- Interview: Stephen J Clark of The Bestiary of Communion talks surrealism.
- News: 25% of Annual Textbook Sales Revenue to Be Digital By 2015
- News: Borders To Close 28 More Stores
- News: eBook Sales Increase Nearly 116% In January, meanwhile Paperback Sales Plunge Nearly 31%. Is this a fluke or a trend?
- News: EU copyright database could help reform the laws on orphan works
- News: Large Retailers Push Amazon on Taxes
- News: Stephen King Returning to ‘Dark Tower’ for ‘The Wind Through the Keyhole’
- Bibliophile Stalker discusses eBooks and Self-Publishing.
- Diane Duane has written an interesting piece in response to a recent negative review of the Nook.
- E-Books’ Varied Formats Make Citations a Mess for Scholars
- EU anger over ebook deal suggests hard times ahead for publishers. The perception that selling ebooks by the agency model is unfair (consumers) and illegal (EU) is a big worry for publishing firms.
- Professors’ Spring Break Reading Recommendations
- Restrictions on library e-book lending threaten access to information
- Science fiction mistressworks, as chosen by iansales.
- News: Girl, 5, unearths 160 million-year-old fossil using plastic seaside spade… what have you done with your week?
- After Earth: Why, Where, How, and When We Might Leave Our Home Planet
- The Avengers Help You Understand Your Fears About Transhumanism
- Brain Games: Is ‘Limitless’ a Glimpse of Our Future?
- How the Japan Earthquake Made the Day Shorter
- Why a nuclear reactor will never become a bomb
- Hackers are trying to warn us of the upcoming zombie apocalypse in Colorado.
- iPads for College Classrooms? Not So Fast, Some Professors Say.
- NASA proposes laser use to move space junk [More]
- Top Science and Technology Toys
- Why Your MP3 Player or Phone Doesn’t Have AM Radio Support
- Interview: Nathan Fillion talks fan campaign to resurrect ‘Firefly’: ‘I think that that’s love. I don’t think that’s fanaticism’
- News: Syfy Renews ‘Being Human’ For Season 2
- 30 TV Shows That Should Be Movies
- The 100 Greatest Things About Doctor Who: Part One
- Entertainment Weekly offers a First Look At Adrianne Palicki As Wonder Woman.
- Nathan Fillion is on the cover of latest Entertainment Weekly.
- Time Warner launches TV-viewing app for iPad
- “Touch Me and Die, Vermin!”: The Psychoanalysis of Illyria.
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce: Joss Whedon’s True Tragic Hero
- Interview: Edge Magzine interviews the narrative designer of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mary DeMarle, regarding the story behind the game.
- News: Just 5 Percent of Games Were Rated M Last Year, Says ESRB
- A. Lee Martinez ponders the Zen of Games
- One Per Cent: Can video games quell nightmares?
- iPads Aren’t Killing Consoles: A reality check for the “Angry Birds is the end of gaming as we know it” mindset.
- Is the Wii History?: Electronic Arts’ CEO Frank Gibeau is now describing it as a “legacy” console – meaning it’s about as relevant to today’s gamers as the Playstation 2. A big OUCH for Nintendo’s image.
- Movie critic Roger Ebert has previously said that he doesn’t think video games can be art, an opinion at odds with the gaming community. In a recent blog post, Ebert clarifies his position.
- They’ve Hidden A Free Role-Playing Game In Every Nintendo 3DS
- Video games in the O.R.? New technology makes surgery more efficient.
- Zynga: The 40 year-old women is the new core gamer
- Hero Spectrum: Beyond the White Hat
- Mark Charan Newton shares his own Personal Writing Checklist
- Nine Ways to Give a Better Reading
- Should ebook titles be in quotes or italics?
- T.N. Tobias explains 10 Ways to Create a Plot Twist
- What Writers Need to Do Besides Write
- Writing What You Love is Writing What You Know
- Your Opinion and Twenty-Five Cents: Judging Your Own Writing