- Galactus versus Charlie Sheen
- The Last Starfighter poster by Justin Erickson of Phantom City Creative.
- Periodic Table of The Empire Strikes Back
- Interview: Grant Morrison talks about the All-Star Superman animation.
- Bite.ca picks the Top 10 Comic Book Crossovers, including a few surprises.
- Buffy Season 9 news from yesterday’s ECCC 2011 Dark Horse panel.
- BloginHood counts down the Top 10 Tear Jerkers of Sci-Fi.
- The Greatest Discoveries/inventions in SciFi literary history.
- Sheenglish: Where Charlie Sheen’s crazy words come from.
- Star Trek Convention NYC 1973 includes interviews with the fans, some of the makers of the show, and Isaac Asimov. [SLYT]
- Zombie Movies Ultimate Fan Quiz
- Interview: Battle: Los Angeles’ Michael Pena on Parenthood, Fried Frog Legs, and Our Planet’s Final Hours
- Interview: The L.A. Times profiles the Adjustment Bureau’s Anthony Mackie.
- Interview: Robert Downey Jr. talks The Avengers with MTV.
- News: Guillermo Del Toro’s At The Mountains Of Madness To Film This June, Tom Cruise Set To Star. Insert snappy Tom Cruise joke here.
- News: Indie zombie movie Countyline is due to begin filming soon in Kokomo Indiana, which kicks all kinds of ass for those us living in the Great Lakes region.
- 15 conspiracy movies that don’t fall apart at the end
- “Alien Resurrection”, the Unproduced Script That Shaped Joss Whedon’s Career
- The Boston Glob discusses The twisted mind behind Hollywood’s sci-fi hits.
- Is ‘The Adjustment Bureau’ Religious?
- Lord Of The Rings Trilogy Extended Edition Blu-Ray Details Emerge. Evidently, there will be a while 127 minutes of footage not seen in theaters. That’s basically another entire movie.
- Michelle Rodriguez Says ‘Avatar 2′ Will Take Place Underwater
- “Rango” and the rise of kidult-oriented animation: Johnny Depp’s hyperactive lizard western, like so many Pixar-era animated films, barely pretends to be for kids.
- Reel Movies picks the Top 10 Alien Invasion Flicks.
- Shinto Perspectives in Miyazaki’s Anime Film “Spirited Away”: “The central locale of the film is a bathhouse where a great variety of creatures, including kami, come to bathe and be refreshed. This feature, plus the portrayal of various other folk beliefs and Shrine Shinto perspectives, suggests that Miyazaki is affirming some basic Japanese cultural values which can be a source of confidence and renewal for contemporary viewers.”
- TotalFilm takes a look at the Top 50 Movie Spaceships.
- Interview: Felicia Day answers questions on the panel for the hit webseries “The Guild” at the 2011 Emerald City Comicon in Seattle.
- News: At peak times, Netflix streaming accounts for 20% of all bandwidth in the US, and emerges as major threat to broadcast television.
- Author Shlomi Fish offers advice on how to more effectively disarm Internet trolls using techniques from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Interview: Jonathan Strahan and Gary K. Wolfe on Notes from Coode Street.
- Interview: Michael A. Stackpole Talks About Military SF, the eBook Revolution and Conan the Barbarian at SFSignal.
- Interview: The New York Times profiles C.S. Lewis.
- News: Barnes and Noble Settles E-Book Lawsuit
- News: The Upper Hudson Library System boycotts HarperCollins eBook policy
- 10 Library Books Most Frequently Read More Than Once
- 50 Quintessentially American Novels
- Are iPad Magazines Being Killed by Greed?
- The book is dead — long live the ebook!
- Books get the shove as university students prefer to do research online: University of NSW is throwing away thousands of books and scholarly journals as part of a policy that critics say is turning its library into a Starbucks.
- The Consumerist, you’re a sucker if you got to the Borders liquidation “sale.”
- Tor.com examines the statistics behind women in genre literature.
- Under the Covers with a Flashlight: Our Lives as Readers
- What the hell is wrong with book prices? A Reddit discussion.
- World Book Night launched with million book giveaway
- Discovering Alien Life: How Would We Really React?
- Elephants are the new humans as they pass the cooperation test
- If plants can survive at Chernobyl, could they grow in space?
- Bionic Arm Gives You Superhuman Strength, Makes You That Much Cooler
- Japan’s New Goateed Geminoid Robot Is Uncomfortably Realistic
- When will our Martian future get here?
- Interview: The cast and crew of The Walking Dead sat down for a panel at Paleyfest 2011 to drop some HUGE news about season 2 of the show.
- Entertainment Weekly remembers Firefly.
- Help Nathan Buy Firefly’s new fan funding plans causes concern, backlash.
- Liberty and Serenity: Implications of All-Powerful Interstellar Governments.
- Nobody Told Me Battlestar Galactica Was a Romance
- An interesting article about how painful it was to design games for the NES.
- Game Developer Unhappy With Apple, Nintendo
- Virtual reality needs real writers: The rapidly developing world of video games is fertile ground for authors – so why have so few taken up the challenge?