- 10 Ways To Show Your Geek Love
- McFarlane toys are now doing a line of The Walking Dead action figures. About time!
- Print out your own Zombie Valentine’s Day Card! Great for impromptu romance.
- Scrap Metal AT-AT
- Sixteen ways to use your wrist now that watches are obsolete… personally, I’ll be wearing an Oreo from here on out.
- Interview: Diamond explains how they will sell digital comics in stores.
- The 6 Superheroes Who Score The Most Ladies
- What were the top selling graphic novels of 2010?
- News: GeekDad Blog and Books to Be Adapted for Film, TV
- Anime Expo Offering Big Cash Prizes in Music Video Contest
- A Dozen Unconventional Romantic Gestures To Dazzle Your Valentine
- Roles That Bind: Roleplaying Games and the Fantasy Genre
- News: Charlize Theron Joins Ridley Scott’s Prometheus
- News: Joseph Gordon-Levitt May Play Gangster Alberto Falcone in Dark Knight
- News: Lars and the Real Girl director Craig Gillespe is now in talks to direct Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which is fitting, given the dry humor.
- News: RoboCop fans raising money for statue in Detroit
- 13 Dwarves and a Hobbit: First cast photo from The Hobbit
- Best Book-Based Netflix Movies Online for People Who Hate Valentine’s Day
- Comic Book Movie offers An excellent analysis on why Green Lantern will probably be a decent-to-great film
- Gawker’s commentary on the X-Men First Class trailer: there is nary a glimpse in this trailer of January Jones as Emma Frost, the disaster casting that your typical American Everynerd has been up in arms about. (At least I don’t see her, do you?)
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of the Alien Puppets in James Cameron’s The Abyss
- Oscar 2011: What Happens if Banksy Wins?
- Rod Hilton has been “editing” and abridging movie scripts since 1998 (first script: Godzilla). In all this time, he has given 5 stars to only six movies: Saving Private Ryan; The Matrix; Being John Malkovich; Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back; The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King; and Inception.
- News: The Guild Officially Renewed for Season 5.
- 14 Gift Ideas to Give Your Supernatural Sweetheart this Valentine’s Day
- Superheroes and International Law
- Interview: Gareth L. Powell discusses his second novel, The Recollection.
- Interview: Jennifer Ouellette Reveals the Science Behind Vampires, Zombies, and Death Rays in Episode 30 of The Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy.
- Interview: Rick Klaw interviews Of Blood and Honey author Stina Leicht.
- News: Amazon.com shutting Irving office over tax dispute
- News: Borders Delays Payments To ‘Vendors, Landlords and Others’
- News: E-Book Sales Will Quadruple Over Next Two Years
- Arthur C. Clarke’s 31-Word Short Story
- A beginner’s guide to science fiction and its subgenres
- Euro Crime has a regular feature in which it compares Cover Similarities.
- How Kindle’s new Public Notes could change the way we read ebooks
- Is there hope for small bookstores in a digital age?
- My experience with the Espresso Book Machine
- The Pitfalls of E-Book Buying: What to Look Out for Before You Purchase
- Robot Invades NYC Bookstore!
- Bad Astronomy: No, a pole shift won’t cause superstorms
- Men, Women, and the Two Stories Behind Every Kiss
- Science Friday Archives: The Science Of Kissing
- Scientists warn against stifling effect of widespread patenting in stem cell field
- Thousands of New Stars Emerge in Glowing Nebula
- All the Digital Data In the World Is Equivalent to One Human Brain
- Just say no … to robot marriage?
- NASA and DARPA Want a “100-Year Starship” They Don’t Have to Build
- News: Summer Glau is the March Esquire’s cover girl.
- University of Washington is the latest example of Buffy in academia. This time round, it’s a class called “Research Mode: Critical Approaches to Buffy (and Stuff).”
- Everything I Need to Know in Life I Learned From Super Mario
- IGN suggests Video Games That Need Comics.
- All About Character: Writing Strong Women in Fantasy
- Here’s some highlights from the creative writing seminar that World War Z author Max Brooks recently gave at the University of North Carolina from The Blue Banner.
- How to Get Published
- Ten Terrific Resources for Writing Space-Based Hard Science Fiction
- Writing a Different Gender Than Your Own