- 20 Awesome Unofficial Star Wars Posters
- Adidas Twitter and Facebook Sneakers.
- Check out this eight meter tall Optimus Prime Ice Sculpture.
- Kerry Callen imagines What if DC published Marvel characters in the 1960′s?, then follows up with What if DC published 1970′s Marvel characters in the 1960′s?. Bonus silliness: Galactus’ Helmet Just Gets Happier and Happier!
- Interview: Christopher Nolan on Dreams, Architecture, and Ambiguity.
- Interview: Johnny Depp: ‘Disney hated Jack Sparrow’
- Subzin is a simple but highly effective quote search engine. Put in your favorite quote from a movie, and it’ll find the movie and the exact time it appears in the movie and links to Neflix if available
- The Vine remembers the Top ten Leslie Nielsen moments
- Virtual actor takes over in ‘Tron’
- Interview: Beyond the Book speaks with Ann Handley and C.C. Chapman, co-authors of “Content Rules: How To Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars, and More that Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business”. The book is out this week from Wiley. [Transcript]
- Interview: The Men Who Stole the World by Lev Grossman
- Anyone can write Star Trek fan-fiction, but few can render it in 3-D. Since 2006, Brandon Bridges has been writing, directing and producing a work of full-length Star Trek fan fiction entitled Star Trek: Specter of the Past. ST:SOTP “follows the crew of the USS Fitzgerald, an Entente-class starship commanded by newly promoted Captain Gaius Reyf.” Last month, Bridges released his Director’s Edition to the web. It should be noted that Bridges plans to re-release the film with a full voice cast. Watch it on YouTube: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11 and 12.
- LittleFivers offers Tips on Living Safely in a Science Fictional Universe.
- Interview: Book Reviewer Paul Goat Allen Talks Great Books, SciFi, Fantasy, Genre, Rereading, and His 6,000 Reviews!
- Interview: Electric Literature co-founder Andy Hunter on iPad Publishing.
- Interview: Geeks are Sexy interviews The Jedi Path author Daniel Wallace.
- Interview: Scott Westerfeld puts in an appearance on the Space Dog Podcast.
- News: Booksellers at risk as digital growth accelerates, survey says.
- News: Greg Bear and his wife Astrid Anderson Bear, the daughter of author Poul Anderson, claim that Project Gutenberg may have improperly put their work into the public domain.
- Amazon charges Kindle users for free Project Gutenberg e-books.
- The primary difference between the Harry Potter and Twilight illustrated.
- Why I started reading more once I got rid of my books
- Has NASA discovered extraterrestrial life?
- Radiation Rings Hint Universe Was Recycled Over and Over
- Stonehenge ‘was built by rolling stones using giant wicker baskets’
- News: Disney in talks with Google over content on Google.tv
- News: Eliza Dushku lands TNT pilot, Bird Dog.
- Blastr remembers 10 unexpectedly funny episodes of classic sci-fi TV dramas.
- How We Wrote Classic Simpsons Episodes
- io9 argues that We need more vampire slayers – just not more Buffy.
- People asks What’s Nathan Fillion’s secret to staying sexy?
- Ten Christmas Commercials That Don’t Suck
- News: Microsoft says they sold 2.5 million Kinects in the first 25 days
- How Video Games Are Infiltrating—and Improving—Every Part of Our Lives