- The Eleventh Doctor gets the lego minifig treatment, complete with fez!
- The Short Sleeve Alliance Etsy shop is selling AmaziPhone Stickers that make your iPhone look like R2D2.
- This Tron watch concept may be all but undecipherable, but it’s still cool.
- Tom Whalen has created these promotional propaganda poster for the upcoming cartoon series G.I. Joe: Renegades.
- Interview: Jim Lee Reveals ‘DC Universe Online’ Story Details.
- Will $2.99 comics REALLY sell better than $3.99 comics?
- Complex counts down The 15 Hottest Fictional Witches.
- The Geek and The Hipster: Love Story For Our Generation?
- Interview: Stephen King: The Disney Pictures Are Scary As Shit! In this clip, Stephen King talks about the first time a movie scared him, Disney’s Bambi.
- News: Rhys Ifans Cast As Spider-Man’s New Villain
- News: Tom Hardy in BATMAN 3, probably as The Riddler.
- 10 Things That May Replace Vampires As Hollywood’s Next Genre Craze.
- Empire picks The 20 Best 3D Movies.
- Michael J. Fox does a shot-for-shot remake of the Back to the Future trailer.
- Obsessed with Film counts down The 10 Greatest Horror Death Scenes.
- Interview: Lightspeed Magazine interviews Joe Lansdale of Vanilla Ride.
- Interview: Psychology Today interviews Jeff VanderMeer of The Third Bear.
- Interview: SFX interviews Iain M. Banks.
- Interview: StarshipSofa interviews China Meiville & Jeff Carlson. [Podcast]
- Interview: Suvudu video of David Weber.
- News: Amazon Breathes New Life into Novellas, Long-Form with Kindle Singles.
- ListUniverse offers a list of Top 10 Underrated Fantasy Stories After 1937.
- Interview: Tim Maly talks about his #50cyborgs project.
- Michio Kaku blows out minds once again: Shape-Shifting Technology Is Coming
- Interview: NY Times talks to Al Jean, an executive producer of The Simpsons to get the scoop on the Banksy intro.
- News: Andy Richter Returns To Conan, World Set Right Again.
- In case you missed it, last Sunday’s episode of The Simpsons featured an into by none other than the notorious Banksy. Watch it while it’s still online.
- You can now Watch Full Episodes of How I Met Your Mother Online.
- Interview: Lightspeed Magazine offers an excellent interview with Marc Laidlaw, writer for the Half Life series. “The biggest literary influence on my approach to game design, however, was one of the writers I worshipped as a teenager: Alice Sheldon, aka James Tiptree, Jr. Tiptree had one particular recommendation for starting a story: “Start from the end and preferably 5,000 feet underground on a dark day and then don’t tell them.” This is precisely how we begin Half-Life. It was a deliberate antidote to the many game openings that involved pages and pages of backstory presented in scrolling text.”
- T.N. Tobias discusses The Politics of Fantasy.
- Trent Jamieson offers Career Advice for Young Writers.