- The adorable Google Android mascot bears more than a passing resemblance to an old Gauntlet character.
- The Palettenpavillon, created by Matthias Loebermann, is a structure made entirely from shipping pallets, ground anchors, and tie rods.
- Tom Banwell is selling an awesome selection of masks on Etsy, including this Elephant-esque gas mask.
- Furious Fanboys names its picks for The 5 Dumbest Comic Story-lines.
- News: Bruce Campbell is making a sequel to My Name is Bruce.
- GeekDad names the Top 10 Evil Geeks in the Movies.
- Premiere points out 10 Things You Never Noticed in 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- News: The webhost of The Pirate Bay and WikiLeaks has been raided by police.
- This particular book—or rather, set of books—is every edit made to a single Wikipedia article, The Iraq War, during the five years between the article’s inception in December 2004 and November 2009, a total of 12,000 changes and almost 7,000 pages.
- Interview: Cat Rambo interviews Brenda Cooper, author of Reading the Wind.
- Interview: Gail Carriger talks about making her first sale.
- Interview: The Living Dead interviews Carrie Ryan of Flotsam & Jetsam.
- Interview: William Gibson on the Future of Publishing.
- News: HarperCollins Science Fiction Announces Rebranding as Voyager
- News: New info from Boing Boing on the secret copyright treaty
- News:Ray Bradbury, 90, is still chasing Martians
- The Bible vs. Mao: A “Best Guess” of the Top 25 Bestselling Books of All Time
- The curse of swearing in children’s books | Books | guardian.co.uk
- Omnivoracious considers the question of what are The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year So Far?
- Sitting, lying or standing: what’s the pole position for reading?.
- Will Amish Romance Dethrone Vampire Romance?
- Un-rules: Forget these 10 language laws.
- Writer’s Digest explains How to Write Intriguing Male and Female Characters.