- In honor of the Westboro Baptist Church protesting Comic-Con next week on the grounds of “Idol Worship,” Ranker picks Top 10 Comic Book Gods Worth Worshipping.
- Bloginhood picks the Top 5 Drinks of SF and the Top 5 Unemployed SF Characters.
- The sixth and final Scott Pilgrim graphic novel, subtitled ‘Finest Hour’ is being released tonight. There is a block party in Toronto to celebrate the release.
- Interview: Bullz-Eye interviews Dileep Rao of Inception.
- Interview: Dileep Rao answers all your questions about Inception.
- News: British tabloid says Matt Smith plans to leave Doctor Who.
- Blastr names The 16 most intelligent sci-fi films ever made.
- Hal Phillips offers this mind-blowing third explanation of what happened in Inception. [SPOILERS]
- Inception is already number 3 on IMDB’s chart of the Top 250 movies as voted by our users.
- Premiere is offering a behind-the-scene featurette from Kick-Ass featuring Chloe Moretz training for her stunts.
- Online Degrees has compiled a list of the Top 20 Movies for Foodies.
- Top 10 Films picks the Top 10 George A. Romero Films.
- Wired remembers Cerebral Sci-Fi Films That Wipe Our Minds.
- IT World states the obvious: The RIAA wants your Fear more than your Money.
- Interview: Functional Nerds interview Hugo winner Mike Resnick.
- Interview: Geek Syndicate interviews Karen Miller, author of The Reluctant Mage.
- Interview: Notes from Coode Street speaks with Gary K. Wolfe.
- Interview: Suvudu On Air interviews Scott Sigler, author of Ancestor. [Podcast]
- Interview: Ted Chiang talks about the future of publishing and genre at ReaderCon.
- The BBC warns that Traditional books ‘may not survive electronic age.’
- Dyson engineers demonstrate how inducement and entrainment works on their new Air Multiplier fan using a balloon.
- Genevieve Valentine is blogging from Launchpad Workshop, a week-long intensive astronomy course in Laramie, Wyoming, designed to put the science back into science fiction.
- News: Anti-aircraft laser unveiled at Farnborough Airshow.
- In Hamlet’s BlackBerry, William Powers urges us to turn away from our computer screens.
- Interview: Conan O’Brien discusses his Love/Hate Relationship with the Internet. “Those men behind the curtain—the great and powerful Oz—are scared shitless right now. … The chaos is so high that anyone in the audience could just as likely be running a major network in a few years.”
- Down with Tyranny looks back at The long march of the fictional-history TV series from “The Forsyte Saga” to “Mad Men.”
- EGO TV remembers 15 Classic Hero Cartoon Openings.
- The Guardian’s Data Blog points the way to several projects that track Every Doctor Who villain since 1963.
- Watch the third trailer for Browncoats: Redemption, a Firefly fan film.
- Slate discusses the quiet hell of 10 years of novel writing.
- Writers Digest shares The Best and Worst of Writing Advice.