- Alien Autopsy T-shirt by Chris Rowson.
- This Amazing Fire Animation uses candles and stop-motion to create scrolling marquee effects. [Youtube Video]
- Bite offers this map of the The Geek Galaxy.
- The Evolution of Gaming from GameSpot.
- This life-size model of a Cylon Centurion stands at about 6′-7″ and is made from Bristol board, chicken wire, and PVC pipes.
- Interview: American Splendor’s Harvey Pekar found dead.
- The AV Club lists 38 stories that take place largely within dreams.
- SFX remembers 12 Great SFX Speeches.
- Interview: A.D.D. speaks briefly with Alfred Molina of Sorcerer’s Apprentice.
- News: Edward Norton issues statement, wraps up long weekend of ‘Hulk’ news.
- As Mel Gibson’s latest rant circulates on the web, people are beginning to remember all the crazy crap he’s said over the years and beginning to suspect that Gibson’s mainstream career is over.
- Hollywood.com remembers The 10 Greatest Cinematic Predators.
- Interview: Sci-Fi Fan Letter interviews K.A. Stewart, author of A Devil in the Details.
- Interview: Suvudu interviews Naomi Novik, author of the Temeraire novels.
- Auxillary Memory wonders Will Science Fictional Reality Ever Change People?
- Bella and Edward Who? Real-Estate Tycoon Deconstructs ‘Twilight’
- Brazil has just created the best-ever implementation of WIPO Copyright Treaty. In Brazil’s version of the law, you can break DRM without breaking the law, provided you’re not also committing a copyright violation.
- Guest Columnist John Ottinger discusses Christian Fantasy at Residential Aliens.
- The Huffington Post suggests 25 Novels You Can Read on a Beach Without Embarrassing Yourself.
- NPR cover the story of Stanford’s new Engineering Library, which is getting rid of 7/8 of its paper books in favor of e-book replacements.
- The Amygdaloids mix neuroscience and rock and roll, and they’re pretty sharp.
- Dr. Pants has just released a music video shot entirely on on iPhone 4, “Sarsaparilla GIrl.”
- Firefly theme song in 16 bit.
- Hans Rosling, who helped usher in TED talks way back when using stunning visuals, envisions how the world will look in 50 years as global population grows to 9 billion. To check further population growth, which might have disastrous consequences, he exhorts us to raise the living standards of the poorest.
- The History of Nikola Tesla commemorates the 154th anniversary of Nikola Tesla’s birth. [Youtube]
- Interview: G4TV interviews The Old Spice Guy: Isaiah Mustafa.
- Interview: IGN talks with Summer Glau and her co-star David Lyons about the upcoming series, The Cape.
- Here’s an interesting bar graph of which actors voice which roles on The Simpsons.
- Techi wonders Is the Web Finally Ready to Kill Television?
- David Brin offers advice to aspiring writers. [SLYT]