- Download sci-fi desktop wallpapers from CreatureBox.
- Fans of He-Man need to check out the I Have the Power Art blog!
- Inspire76 has rounded-up a selection of fan art takes on Storm (from the X-Men).
- SciFi Wire has posted a gallery of Famous Sci-Fi Scenes recreated with Face Paint.
- Stefanie Achtnig has drawn a cuter, cuddlier version of the District 9 Prawns.
- News: Hollywood (Finally) Finds a Standard for Digital Movie Downloads.
- News: Say Goodbye to the Netflix New Release Rental.
- News: Wolverine Sequel To Shoot In 2011?
- CollegeHumor shares 6 Insane Fan Theories That Make Great Movies Better.
- MadAtoms charts out The Best Secondary Villains in Film.
- The Vatican critiques Avatar. Calls it “overly-sentimental”… wonders why Cameron put all that crap about religion in there.
- Who uses NetFlix? The New York Times has a heat map of NetFlix use.
- Downloaders defy Avatar 3D barrier. Cameron predicted that the film’s 3D technology would deter online theft, but almost one million pirate copies were downloaded within seven days of its release.
- PBS provides a Guide to Cutting the Cord to Cable TV.
- Sly Flourish offers advice on Giving 4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons an Old School Feel.
- Interview: Bibliophile Stalker interviews Matthew Kressel.
- Interview: Charge of the Literary Brigade interviews Literary Agent Ginger Clark.
- Interview: DC Quarterly interviews Cory Doctorow.
- Interview: The Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy Podcast interviews Paolo Bacigalupi.
- Interview: Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist interviews Joe Abercrombie.
- News: Firefly to live on in new book of short stories.
- MediaLoper explains How the Apple Tablet Will Help Amazon Dominate the eBooks.
- Could we be in for 30 years of global COOLING?
- Here’s an infographic demonstrating The threat of a global water shortage.
- Google Earth helps find El Dorado. For nearly 500 years, explorers have hunted in vain for a lost city— now with Google Earth, it may have been found.
- The Daily Maverick explains Why you won’t be buying a 3D TV (until forced to).
- News: Ron Jeremy says violent video games ‘worse’ than porn. Obviously, the man isn’t watching the right porn.
- Frumpy Middle-aged Mom contends that Video games were invented by the devil.